March 08, 2015

Open Cover Letter

Every human being is unique and significant. I believe in the value, ability, and potential of each student, teacher, and advocate on campus. We all have abilities and talents ready to be discovered and developed through education.

I launched my teaching career at Royal Oak Middle School teaching drama. Next, I served for 17 years working with students as a teacher at Redlands High School. I taught a Perkins approved Arts Media and Entertainment Program of Study in Media Arts. In addition, I designed the curriculum for the entire media arts program.

While at Redlands High School I also taught English 9-12 and Screenwriting as Literature. I served as the Career Technical Education Department Chair, and was an active member of the leadership team through two WASC accreditation cycles. At the University of Redlands, I taught a variety of courses in the Preliminary Teacher Credential Program.

My goal is to share my enthusiasm for education. I want to support schools that are safety-zones for learning where students, teachers, administrators, and community members collaborate to achieve excellence in academics and activities. Together, we will excel at preparing students for college, career, and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment